Filed under early graveyards

St Georges Gardens

St Georges Gardens

This green space is tucked away behind the Foundling Hospital in London’s Bloomsbury, and was one of the first burial grounds in the city to be built at a distance from a parish church. It was opened in 1715, and served the parishes of St George the Martyr Holborn and St Georges’ Bloomsbury. It covered … Continue reading